CelebrAsians: Arts & Boba Box: Exploring Customs and Flavors of Japan, Taiwan and The Philippines
This month of May, we celebrate Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month! The various cultures of this community are quite diverse and distinct from one another, but they share similarities as well. In this exploration box brought to you by the mamas of @campfire.crates and @lilbalikbayan in honor of AAPI month, we focus on highlighting three of these Asian cultures - those of Japan, Taiwan, and The Philippines, along with some of their occasions for celebration, or “CelebrAsians” if you will!
In America as we celebrate AAPI Heritage Month in May, the countries of Japan, Taiwan, and The Philippines have their own notable festivities around this time of year. On May 5, Japan celebrates Kodomo no Hi, or Children’s Day. In June, Taiwan celebrates Duan Wu Jie, or Dragon Boat Festival. And throughout the month of May, The Philippines celebrates Flores de Mayo, or Flowers of May. This box explores the customs of each of these celebrations along with art activities representing each culture.
Alongside cultural exploration and hands-on activities, this box also features a refreshing fusion drink kit representing all three countries in one: Mango Matcha Boba Milk Tea! Can you guess which flavor components represents which cultures?
- CelebrAsians Spark Cultural Exploration Book by @campfire.crates
- Mango Matcha Boba Kit (2 servings)
- Japanese Origami Art Activity*
- Taiwanese Face Painting Art Activity*
- Filipino Floral Craft Art Activity* (add a Surprise Pinay Plush Pal for $3 more to pair with craft accessory)
*All art activities include materials
- $33, Free Shipping within U.S. ($36 if adding a Surprise Pinay Plush Pal)
- Pre-Order by Sat 5/15 at lilbalikbayan.com
- Ships the following week
- A portion of proceeds will be donated to stopaapihate.org!