Merienda Cafe - Pretend & Play
Time for Pretend Play at Merienda Cafe! We’ve partnered with Campfire Crates to bring y’all cultural learning through food and fun in the forms of imaginative and sensory play. The Merienda Cafe Cultural Exploration Box comes complete with a classic merienda menu, play food (to be “cooked” with playdough and other craft materials), pretend money (in Philippine pesos), and a cash register to be crafted by upcycling the mini balikbayan box that the kit is shipped in. Invite the whole family to play along, and once it’s decided who will role-play as the chef, wait staff and customer, you’re in business!
Halo-halo also plays a star role in this exploration box. In addition to using the pretend halo-halo as a menu item for Merienda Cafe, it can also serve as an awesome sensory play activity for toddlers or preschoolers who will enjoy transferring the halo-halo contents from one cup to another (2 tumblers are included), as well as exploring the various textures and colors of the “ingredients”. It’s perfect for counting and sorting too! Furthermore, the included Spark Activity Book by Campfire Crates - featuring culturally-themed activities to keep kids busy while learning essential life skills - contains a halo-halo activity page that is a perfect supplement to the pretend halo-halo. And to top it all off, our ever-popular cutsie-faced Halo-Halo Collector's Mini Button Pin is also included!
- Merienda Food Kit: playdough (8 colors), felt, dowel rods, banana leaves
- Halo-Halo Kit: pom poms, foam cubes, crinkle paper, craft sponge, spoon, straw, 2 tumblers. *WARNING: Choking Hazard - Small Parts, Adult Supervision Required*
- Spark Activity Book by Campfire Crates, promoting imaginative play, storytelling and life skills
- Pretend Money (Pesos)
- Cash Register Upcycled Craft Activity
- Halo-Halo Collector's Mini Button Pin
- Packaged in a Novelty Mini Balikbayan Box